David and Iryna have been involved with a number of sponsored events and sporting challenges over many years, raising thousands of pounds for charities.
Projects have included; sports development work in Africa, rowing events on the River Thames, 10 k Races and sponsored cycle challenges
Ugandan Sports Development
For many years David carried out voluntary work for a charity in Kingston upon Thames, carrying out
sports development work and initiatives in a war torn area of northern Uganda.
- raising monies to build a new football pitch and sports facilities,
- liaised with the Football Association to provide footballs and sports kit for the community
- liaised with Gulu University to provide their sports science department with much needed books and equipment
- organised the ‘Gulu Marathon’ an event which attracted hundreds of entrants from across the region.
- liaised with the F.A to set up and run a Coaching Course to teach local teachers and youth workers to become qualified football coaches.
- made 5 separate visits to northern Uganda to help implement the above programmes
"The work you are doing is challenging and commendable and shares and reflects The FA's vision of 'using the power of football to build a better future.'; We wish you every success." Jane Bateman, former head of International relations at the FA
Mount Kilimanjaro Climb
In 2005, David undertook a climb to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa and raised over £2000 for his chosen charity.
Great River Race (21 miles from Greenwich to Richmond)
David has rowed the race for 5 consecutive years. This year he coached 6 guys from local company, Apogee Corporation, to achieve 4th place out of 30 boats in their class.
Many clients like to raise monies for charities by competing in local races and fun runs. David and Iryna have helped clients achieve personal best times in the Kingston Breakfast Run, Cabbage Patch 10 mile race, as well as the London and New York Marathons.
Sponsored Cycle Events
Each year David and Iryna organise a sponsored cycle for their clients and any friends and families. These are informal and open events, more about fun than speed. Monies raised go to David and Iryna's chosen charity Born Too Soon
This website and all original content remains copyright © David Boost 2012 | Site is built & maintained by Mardesign